Easter is my holiday. Perhaps it's because my actual day of birth was squeezed in between Good Friday and Easter Sunday that it holds such a special place in my heart, but for what ever reason it makes me all weepy and I'm always happy to celebrate it for an entire month. Of course this year's celebration includes what one of my friends is calling a Christian Cleanse, basically fasting from certain foods but not all foods. It has actually been really helpful for me in focusing on gratitude; on being truly thankful for what is offered me. (Don't get me wrong, my insides groan when they see yet another bowl of broth-y soup right now, but Hey! I'm working on it.) But Russ and I are headed to Lubbock this weekend to celebrate my birthday so I decided to break our fast this Friday night with a little Passover Seder. Don't even. I love this season so much I could burst. Anyways, when I went over to the actual Deli part of the grocery story to buy my leg of lamb they wrapped it up in brown parchment paper and, I kid you not, tied a string around it. I think we all know I'm not much of a cook, so maybe y'all experience this often, but I was absolutely charmed by it. So I thought I would share a few of my favorite things in this time of renewed gratitude.
1. Brown Paper packages tied up with strings. Seriously. So wonderful.
2. Ava's "tewwwwww". She has hit the age where she wants everything just like her big sister and Lily has noticed. The result? Lily walks around saying things like, "I want poop for breakfast" and Ava follows right behind saying, "I want poop for breakfast tewwwww" and if I were mature that wouldn't be funny. But I'm not. And it is.
3. Restless by Jennie Allen. It has simultaneously messed me up and inspired me. I am working on doing a few things that I should have been doing a long time ago, but I was being ruled by a lot of things (mostly guilt) that weren't God. Time to get back on track. Also if you are interested in doing the Bible Study it is 30% off right now here.
4. Almond butter. Cause woman cannot live on broth alone.
5. SPRING!!!!! I'm sorry did I yell that. It's just that, SPRING!!!!!! Yesterday we went outside at 8:30 and didn't come back in until nap time. We even had lunch outside. I mean it's not quite warm enough to just hose down the picnic table and kids when lunch is over, but we have taken some baby steps. I don't even mind the 25 mph winds if it will just stay warm enough to be outside the first part of the day instead of just the second. Amen? Amen.
What are you grateful for right now?